Sunday 6 June 2010

LEAN TIMES




Well its been a couple of busy weeks and I have not had much chance for Photography or Blogging even though the weather has been brilliant.First week I was busy wood treating my Garden Shed and fence in the back garden also keeping the garden and containers tidy. Last week was the schools half term break and we had the two youngest Grandchildren for a few days as Both their parents were working, and that kept us on our toes. Still did manage to get the Moth Trap out a couple of times, but the results were pretty poor with only four Moths on the first night and seven on the second, and these were repeat species except one I have made a couple of walks around the local patch , but now the trees are in full leaf its very difficult to get images. Yesterday morning I did get down to Pendeen for a bit of Seawatching resulting in 3 Basking Sharks, 1,000 Manx Shearwaters, 50+ Razorbills and 1 Puffin which was a year tick. So now that the breeding season is in full swing things tend to go a bit quiet for a month or so, guess I will have to concentrate on something else.




ANGLE SHADES.



SKYLARK, ST GOTHIAN SANDS.




SONG THRUSH IN A FIELD OF DAISIES ON THE GREAT FLAT LODE.


2 comments:

  1. I love the Thrush in the field of daisies. Did you get pictures of the Basking Sharks?
    Enjoy your day.
    ☼ Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll just bet your grandchildren love the experience of catching and looking over moths! It may be slow, but you had an eyeful in Pendeen just the same! ~karen

    ReplyDelete