Monday 30 August 2010

TWISTING AND TERNING

Arrived home late afternoon today after spending a day in the North East of the county, and was looking forward to a relaxing evening. Did I get one "No" shortly after arriving home I had a call from a birding pal Paul Freestone to say that there was a Black Tern at St Gothian Sands Godrevy.
So asked the good lady to put the  Dinner on hold and grabbed the gear and headed off, I arrived to find the bird still over the pool ,but boy it was very active and after an hour and 185 shots I called it a day and headed home.

So below are a few images of this beautiful little Autumn visitor.




































11 comments:

  1. Fantastic shots there Monts, I wish I saw it today. Hopefully it will be there tomorrow.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! There is a small colony of breeding black terns on a little river in Maine (quite uncommon) that I miss every spring because I leave for Nova Scotia. I'm dying to see them, but your pictures are almost as good as being there! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice images - thanks for the call yesterday. I was too far away to make it though. Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Top notch Monty,each shot looks fantastic.
    Also thank you for the call,we must pay you some time.
    John and Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smashing photos, well worth a cold dinner I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos of a most attractive bird, Monty. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic pictures of these beautiful bird, ...excellent work!

    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was certainly worth having a late dinner for these great shots.
    ☼ Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super flight shots, Monty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good shooting Monty. I managed to catch up with one on a local pond but far to far away for any lens. FAB.

    ReplyDelete