Tuesday 1 March 2011

ODDS AND ENDS.

They say it never rains but it pours, and that seems to be the case at the moment. On the day before my sisters funeral, my wife and I were heading home after a short shopping trip, the weather was bad heavy rain and we took a back road as the main route was very congested with traffic. Following another car about three miles from home it went over a very large rock in the middle of the road and the first I saw it came rolling out from underneath and right under my car.
Now my car is very low at the front so on its journey from front to back it smashed the oil sump seized the engine and made quite a few large dents on the underside.
To cut a long story short had to be recovered home by breakdown and its now in the hands of my insurance company, and they don't know if it will be repaired or written off. the good thing was neither of us were hurt and at the end of the day its only a piece of metal.
So have had a courtesy car for a week and that goes back today so for a short while it will be Shanks Pony.

Ok on to more cheery things, I have only been out a couple of times in the past two weeks and the weather has not been great, so not many images to show for my efforts. The images below are of a trip to Sennen Cove near lands on a very stormy day, and are the best I managed to get. The other two images were taken on a short visit to Tehidy Woods.



SENNEN COVE




SENNEN COVE BREAKWATER.




GREY PLOVER (SENNEN COVE)




BLUE TIT (TEHIDY WOODS ).




GREAT TIT (TEHIDY WOODS).




PURPLE SANDPIPER & GREY PLOVER (SENNEN COVE).





7 comments:

  1. Ciao Monts, I'm sorry for the loss of your sister.
    A big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sorry for the loss of your sister and luckily the car accident did not confer any other victims, hello Monts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, you are having a tough time at the moment Monty, these things always seem to happen at once, unfortunately. What a blessing you and your wife were uninjured, it could have been so much worse, having said that, it was certainly bad enough! I do hope things get sorted out regarding the car before too long and that you can start to get back to normal.

    Your photos here are lovely, the tits are so colourful and cheerful to see on a dull day here today and I have never seen either a Purple Sandpiper or a Grey Plover.

    Sennen Cove did look very stormy and rather inhospitable in your photos, I hope you were well wrapped up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Monts, I am sorry to read about your sister.

    You're on a bad run at the moment, I hope things improve. It's scant consolation because of the inconvenience, expense and hassle but at least it was only the car totalled and not you or your wife.

    All the best
    Fay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the car Monty. At least you are both ok; that's the main thing. Lovely images. Purple Sand and the Plover together is a cracker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang it all to heck. Sorry about the wreck. I hope you will be able to get out a little and nature will start the natural healing powers.

    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somehow I missed your post. So sorry to hear of your mishap, but I'm glad you and your wife are okay.
    Life, at times, are a bit like those stormy seas.
    Take care.
    ☼ Sunny

    ReplyDelete