Friday 4 October 2013

OSPREY AT LAST + CLOUDED YELLOW






The title say's it all, after chasing all the ospreys that have been sighted this Autumn only to be told I'd missed them by 15 or 20 minutes.
Anyway I arrived at Carnsew Pool on the Hayle Estuary just after 07.30 this morning looking for this Osprey for the third time only to be told it was seen flying out to sea 10 mins earlier.
Well to tell you the truth I almost walked back to the car and say blow it (in so many words). but I decided to walk around the pool to a point where I could watch both the Estuary and the Pool.
Well after about 50 mins all the Gulls on the mudflats went up and I knew something was around, after a couple of minutes I spotted my quarry.The Osprey came gliding along the Estuary and I got off a good number of shots. I can tell you I was over the moon at this encounter as I like Raptors and my only Osprey shots before were a couple of rubbish record ones, so this was great.
So below are a couple of the images.
Also on the way back to the car Brian spotted a Clouded Yellow Butterfly, must be one of the last immigrants from mainland Europe, so all in all the morning went from despair to euphoria.




OSPREY.



OSPREY.



CLOUDED YELLOW.



4 comments:

  1. Super Osprey images Monts glad your hard work paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Mate,you deserve it.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice captures Monty, Likely the same Osprey that was in the vicinity on Wednesday? I might have another look for it over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots and I am really glad you got them of the osprey. Very great luck. We should always stick around if we don't have anything pressing.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete