Thursday 9 May 2013

BITS N BOBS 09/05/2013




Not had much time for playing this week,as I am still busy around the garden now we have some fine weather, and no I don't have a large plot at the back of the house.
Its all paved but has been there for a number of years and needs re pointing and some of the slabs relaying due to ants digging out sand and making nests underneath, still keeps me busy.
So images are just a few from around the gardens at the front and back as I spot things.





BRIMSTONE MOTH.



CRANE FLY.



GARDEN SNAIL.




HEBREW CHARACTER.




HALICTUS TUMULORUM 6-8mm

One of a few species of small bee active around April-July and is very common in gardens.
.



PEACOCK BUTTERFLY.




WHEAT-STEM BORER.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Monty :-) I do like the names of moths, I have heard of Hebrew Character but don't think I've ever seen it myself. Lovely to see the Peacock butterfly. The glistening bee is very attractive too. I have enjoyed catching up with your earlier collection of moths and the lovely bird photos on the previous post. I particularly liked the one of the Whitethroat. I find them very elusive and have only ever managed a few not very good photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful series of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant set Monts,superb macro images.
    John.

    ReplyDelete