Thursday 18 July 2013

MOTHS 17/07/2103



So the moth trap went out again last night, and things were quite a lot better with around 27 moths, a number were species I have had before but I did manage three new ones which are the first three images below.
This fine spell of weather seems set for the next week so hopefully will be getting a few more new ones. Anyway I still have plenty of images to go through, so I still have plenty to share, and with this weather I will keep adding to it. 

 PS. Well I must admit I am rubbish at identifying Moths, a very good friend John Swann has informed me that the first one is a Dot Moth and the second image is a Plain Golden Y.
So these will be corrected, and what are the odds of me making the same mistake again 5/4 on I guess.
Many thanks John greatly appreciated .





DOT MOTH.




PLAIN GOLDEN Y.




GREY DAGGER.




SETACEOUS HEBREW CHARACTER.



2 comments:

  1. Keep them coming Mate,might stick mine out tomorrow.
    Nice to see new ones,hope for a few myself.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have gotten into insects. Great pictures and are you keeping a collection of the bugs?

    Bill

    ReplyDelete