Thursday 5 May 2011

AMERICAN GOLDEN PLOVER ON HAYLE ESTUARY

Spent three hours yesterday morning down on the Hayle Estuary hoping to get some better pics of the American Golden Plover,There has also been  Great  White Egret showing on and off for a few days.
Although the Egret was seen at 06.15am by the time I arrived at 07.45am it had flown, the American Plover did put in an appearance but stayed distant so Photo opportunities were not good.
So below is a record shot of the American Golden Plover, and a few others from the mornings Birdwatch.




AMERICAN GOLDEN PLOVER.




BLACK-TAILED GODWIT.





COMMON SANDPIPER.



WHIMBREL.




WHIMBREL.





4 comments:

  1. Nice one, Monty. Some great pics there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos of birds I rarely (if ever!) see!

    Well done on the Bonaparte's Gull on the previous post (you were too quick for me) :) I know they have been seen occasionally at Draycote... but never by me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did really well Monts,almost cleaned up.
    The great Egret will soon be on your Blog,fingers cross.
    john.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Monts, the Am Plover was a difficult bird to photograph, it was always distant for me.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete