Monday 6 June 2011

FRIDAY NIGHT WAS MOTH NIGHT.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Well its been a busy weekend and with all the great weather I had plenty to do,and with our youngest Grandson here for sleepover on Friday/ Saturday it was quite hectic.
Still I managed to get the Moth Trap out on Friday night, and had about 15 species, some of which form today's post.
As some of you know I do struggle with Moth ID so if some are incorrectly named I do apologise and would appreciate being corrected.
For the rest of the weekend I managed a quick visit to Marazion on Sat morning, (Will get a few bird shots in the next post ), highlight of the visit was a Red Kite over from the sea flying North West.
Sunday was spent earning Brownie Points, mowing the lawn, weeding the borders and containers and catching up with all the other chores.

PS
    Looks as if I made a few more incorrect IDs, so thanks to John Swann for saving me from to much embarrassment





WHITE ERMINE.




COMMON CARPET .





GREEN CARPET.



HART & DART.





HART & DART.



BROWN SILVER-LINE.
Thanks to John Swann for ID




BROWN SILVER-LINE
Thanks to John Swann for ID



DUSKY BROCADE.
Thanks to John Swann for ID









PALE TUSSOCK.



SHOULDER STRIPED WAINSCOT.




SMALL MAGPIE.
( Thanks To John Swann For ID )




HAWTHORN SHIELD BUG.





CADDIS FLY ( Unknown ).


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------






3 comments:

  1. Lots of goodies Monty,i should think your Moth Trap was over flowing.
    Fab set.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting and beautiful selection of moths. Something I've never really got in to - but should do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice set there Monty. Moth ID can be such a minefield but they are an interesting subject, I particularly like the names, my all time favourite is Timothy Tortrix :)

    I remember I photographed a Small Magpie in the house either last year or the year before so recognised yours immediately.

    ReplyDelete