Thursday 28 January 2010

SUNRISE SCAUP AND SQUIRRELS

One of the big drawbacks of living in a valley is that we dont get the sunrise or sunsets that others get living in more elevated areas, but just occasionaly Mother Nature rewards us with a real jewel.
Yesterday morning was one of those times, looking out of the window I saw the sky was turning pink really early so grabbing the compact I went into the back garden and waited. Soon the colours started to gain intensity as it illuminated a band of cloud just overhead, Judging it at its peak I took a few images and after a few moments it started to fade, so the image below is of................

MY RARE MORNING JEWEL.



SUNRISE OVER LANNER.

So back to this morning leaving the house at around 09.00am I took a drive to a place called Tehidy Country Park between Camborne and Redruth, this is a large wooded park with a main pool and a few smaller ones a stream and a few miles of woodland walks. The main reason for going was that a Female Scaup had been on the main Pool for a few days, this is another wintering Duck that visits in small numbers with maybe just Two or Three over a winter. On arriving at the main pool I located it almost straight away, and spent the short time I had this morning Taking the images I have posted below.

FEMALE SCAUP.











......................................................................................................................................................................................................
Finally on walking back to the carpark I took the image below of one of the many Grey Squirrels that live in the grounds, this park is a very beautiful area but very popular with people from the local area and gets very crowded later in the day and at weekends. Today was very overcast so I did not take any views, but I will go back when the weather improves and take some more photos.

GREY SQUIRREL.





7 comments:

  1. What an amazing sunrise, simply beautiful. I am happy that I found your blog, I really find your pictures delightful.
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A jewel indeed Monty! Lovely photos of the Scaup too and the Squirrel is a beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning images,love the Sunrise shot.
    I agree with Sunny,great blog.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Monts, I'm just catching up with your blog. Your last few posts are exceptional. the Bittern reflection is superb and the scaup is stunning. Are you the first to photograph the Scaup.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb Scaup shots - the top image is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Evereyone thanks again for the comments, Sam I am not sure if I am the first or not but can say its very obliging. It needs to be done rather early as the place gets crowded esp at weekends. Also have a confession to make I was messing around with the camera and set all the settings back to default, so all the Scaup images are taken in JPEG not RAW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning sunrise and superb Scaup Monty. I don't know how you managed to get so close; the male I spied today was a pinprick even through the scope! FAB.

    ReplyDelete