Monday 6 July 2009

ALONG THE B3306 COAST ROAD

Yesterday morning I took an early drive along the B3306 which is the coast road from St Ives to St Just in the west of the county. This has to be the most beautiful scenic route in Cornwall, with high moorland to the left, and stunning views to the Atlantic on the Right side. Being early there was very little traffic on the move , so I was able to stop the car and photograph at my leisure. So in the following set of shots let me take you along this superb drive, and I can tell you the photographs at this time of year do not do it justice.
Finally for the birding fraturnity I stopped off at Hayle Estuary on the way home, and caught an early returning migrant, A Common Sandpiper, and a couple of resident Black Headed Gulls.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Monty.

    We did a carbon copy route yesterday.Angie,young Ashley and myself.Pick up Ashley Carbis Bay. Stops at Pendeen Watch, Botallack,Nanquidno, Drift, Georgia and like you ending up at Hayle. It is indeed a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some Great shots there. It was nice to see you on Sunday.
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have lovely photographs there :)
    I know it is a long-shot, but do you happen to know where I might find a bus timetable for the service from near Trevalgan Farm to St. Ives town centre? I am returning once again this summer and would love to avoid getting the car out. Kind regards.

    ReplyDelete