Monday 16 February 2009

GO ON I DARE YOU

Thought I would keep the bird topic on the menu again tonight, as there is one image I have wanted to post for a while. Caught this House Sparrow and Blue Tit on the seed feeder last year, and I think the title of the post says it all.
The female Mallard was taken at St Gothian Sands on Saturday, all I have done is cut out the unwanted blank sky, apart from that the image has not been enlarged the bird came that close overhead.
On the subject of resizing images for web pages ( forgive me if I am preaching to the converted) there is a very nice piece of FREE software that can be downloaded, Called IRFANVIEW .
LINK ON THE LEFT IN SITES OF INTEREST.
Once you have installed the software open an image, then open VIEW tab down to resize/resample I usually set size to 800 X 600 pixels. don't forget to save image as a copy or you will resize the original.
I keep copies of everything I want to use in a folder called Web Pics.
I have used this for a few years now and prefer it for it's ease and quickness.
Finally I would like to say greetings to new followers JR & SUE thanks for the comment and have been looking at your Blog for a while and some great pics on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment