Sunday 8 March 2009

HELSTON & THE RING BILLED GULL.

I was up at Dawn this morning looked out of the window and great stuff it was dry and clear. definitely not what the forecast said. So today its of to the town of Helston, about 12 miles to the south to try and see a Ring Billed Gull that's been on the boating Lake there for quite some time.Arrived just after 7am and it was bright and sunny first thing it was out with the Canon G10 to record the scene for the Blog
(see first two pic's above). After that I spent a couple of hours walking around the area taking shot's of some of the local Bird life. At about 10am the heaven's opened and had to run for shelter (see pic three).
When this had passed I decided it was time to head for home as it looked as if more rain was on the way.
So for the bird photo's today, first pair up are a Pied Wagtail followed by a Grey Wagtail.
The two bottom images are of a male & female Tufted Duck, so did I see the Ring Billed Gull I did not,I left at 10.30am and heard later it turned up at 11am. Well that's birding for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment